Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Lord's Supper Pattern Book: Imagining Harriet Powers' Lost Bible Story Quilt

Technology can be wondrous! I've enjoyed self-publishing for the last few years. I've wanted to try and use print-on-demand to publish a full-color interior book.

Here is "The Lord's Supper Pattern Book" that includes a pattern for 12 blocks. You can enlarge the blocks to match the size you want to make a wall-hanging or bed quilt.

I had a great time considering different Bible verses to use and trying to consider what Mrs. Harriet Powers would have selected. If you know me, you know I can't draw! I worked with Elyse Whittaker-Paek, who took my stick drawings and research to draw the blocks. Dr. Carolyn L. Mazloomi created the quilt seen on the book cover.

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I have just completed quilt block #9....The Road to Jerusalem. I worked on it while having devotion and singing songs of praise to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...Hosanna forever we worship you!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTDJwBwjOlY